BREAKING: More Victims Accuse Fox News’ Roger Ailes Of Sexual Harassment
Fox News fans were stunned on Wednesday when beloved anchor Gretchen Carlson accused network CEO Roger Ailes of sexually harassing her in a bombshell lawsuit. Now, her lawyers have claimed that more of Ailes’ victims are preparing to come forward.
According to Daily Mail, Carlson’s attorney said that “at least 10” people have reached out to her since the lawsuit was filed. Three others with ties to Fox made allegations against Ailes, but they have refused to reveal their identities so far due to fears of repercussions.
In her lawsuit, Carlson claimed that she was fired for refusing to have sex with Ailes. She claims that she went to his office in September to complain about the behavior of her former cohost Steve Doocy, but Ailes allegedly said to her, “I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago and then you’d be good and better and I’d be good and better.”
Some Fox News insiders have been quick to back up Carlson’s claims.
“[Ailes] always brags to people about how he doesn’t do polling or testing when he chooses his on-air talent,” one source with the network told Huffington Post. “He told me that if he was thinking of hiring a woman, he’d ask himself if he would f*** her, and if he would, then he’d hire her to be on-camera.”
A contributor to the network told reporters that Ailes once asked her to “turn around so he can see my a**.”
Another source revealed that nobody at Fox was surprised by Carlson’s lawsuit.
“We thought it would happen after she was taken off of Fox & Friends,” said the Fox News source. “She kept quiet because Roger gave her the afternoon show, but everyone at Fox knew it was eventually coming. He hated her and would tell people that she was “a crazy, vindictive b***.'”
Ailes has denied all the allegations against him.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.