Donald Trump’s campaign has been turned upside down this weekend after an audio tape leaked of him discussing women in a supposedly demeaning manner. Since then, the GOP has turned on Trump and top Republicans have been withdrawing their support from him left and right.
Now, even Fox News host Sean Hannity, who has been an outspoken Trump supporter from the beginning, is speaking out against the business mogul.
As the fallout — and frantic damage control efforts by Trump supporters — continued Friday night over the leaked 2005 video of Trump making lewd comments about women, Fox News host Sean Hannity said “nobody’s going to defend” the “outrageous” comments.
The unabashed Trump supporter then proceeded to slam Bill Clinton’s past.
While Hannity continued to hammer away at Clinton, guest Monica Crowley reminded him that Bill Clinton is not running for president.
Trump released a short video late Friday night, apologizing for things he’s “said and done” in the past, adding that he’s “grown” during his presidential campaign.
“I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not. I’ve said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade old video are one of them.”
Also on Friday night, influential Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) withdrew his support from Trump over the video.
In 1999, Trump himself appeared to be well aware of the problems he might face if he were ever to run for president.
“People want me to [run for president] all the time […] I don’t like it. Can you imagine how controversial I’d be? You think about [Bill Clinton] and the women. How about me with the women? Can you imagine?”
Do you still support Trump? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.