Donald Trump is about to become the 45th president of the United States, but his transition team has reportedly been turned down by a bunch of celebrities who refuse to perform at his inauguration.
1) Elton John – Though a member of Trump’s transition team said Elton John would perform, his publicist later said it was “incorrect.” “He will NOT be performing!”
2) Garth Brooks – Although Brooks originally said he was interested in performing, he soon backed out.
3) KISS – They declined to perform, although lead singer Gene Simmons said, “I think people should get over it and move on. He’s our president and that’s it, end of story.”
4) Andrea Bocelli – The famed opera singer backed out after he received backlash for signing on to Trump’s inauguration.
5) Celine Dion – Although Trump wanted Dion to perform, she flat-out refused, stating that she has a performance in Las Vegas and isn’t available.
6) Kanye West – Despite their friendship, West said he will not perform.
7) David Foster – “For the record, I was asked to participate in the upcoming inauguration and I politely and respectfully declined.” The Washington Post has reported that Foster feared angering Hillary Clinton supporters who also happen to be donors to his charitable foundation.
8) Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Aretha Franklin – None of these are a surprise, since they all heavily supported Hillary Clinton.
Do you think Trump’s inauguration will be hurt by the absence of big name celebrities?